Saturday 4 February 2012

We Made It - Snow Day Survival

Well, we all made it through the snow day without going insane.  To be fair, it wasn't a proper snow day since we made it out of the house to the hairdresser for K's first haircut (bye-bye mullet, hello prep-school boy), but we still spent the majority of the day in the house, so it almost counts.

Here's some moments from our day.

K rocked out on his little car ...


I made chocolate chip cookies and K had milk and cookies for the first time ever (obviously he's had milk before, and cookies before, just never together - I feel so North American now!).  That strange expression on his face is a smile!


We went to get K's first hair cut.  Before, when he has no idea what's about to happen, and is still relatively excited about being in a Ferrari...


During, when he's starting to get a bit suspicious ...


After.


Yup - not terribly impressed.  I was pretty excited though, and while I'm sad that his baby curls have gone, I'm also pretty happy that I won't continue to pull great chunks of his hair out when I take off his bib (velcro and hair like each other quite a lot).

Soooo.... then we were on the home stretch until dinner time, so K and D rocked out in the kitchen for a bit (K's current favourite song was made up by D and goes ... 'Booger Booger Booger, Booger Booger Booger' <repeat>) ...


... and then there was even time for a bit of playdough play (this is K trying to get the playdough out of his shirt) ....


... and then it was bedtime.

So all in all it was a pretty good day.

Now I've had a few glasses of wine (bliss), and tomorrow is my morning to sleep in (until at least 7.30 - double bliss), so I'm a very happy girl.

Now bring on summer, I've had enough of this winter bollox.

No comments:

Post a Comment